Cabbage contains many substances that have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. For many years, compresses made from its leaves have been used for headaches and joint pains. Drinking the juice of this valuable vegetable also reduces headaches and other unpleasant symptoms of alcohol poisoning (helps with a hangover).
If you have a bad hangover and nausea and you are not able to look at food, take a sauerkraut brine shot.
Drink slowly in small sips, taking breaks. When you feel better, try eating sauerkraut. Mashed potato with sauerkraut is a good choice. :)
It has also been observed by physicians that fermented foods in general have a positive effect after overindulgence. Fermented foods such as kombucha, kimchi, and sauerkraut contain naturally occurring B vitamins which are somewhat depleted when drinking.
You can try our Ultimate Hangover Sandwich recipe too!
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- ½ an Avocado, sliced with lemon juice drizzled over
- 1 egg, whisked with salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp of broccoli sprouts, rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp of Sauerkraut
- 1 tsp of artichoke paste
- Toast the bread and spread with coconut butter and artichoke paste.
- Scramble the egg with a little coconut oil.
- Peel and slice the avocado and put into a bowl. Mix in a tablespoon of sauerkraut.
- Put a layer of spinach on one slice of toast. Next, add on the avocado and sauerkraut, spoon the scrambled egg over the top.
- Then, add the broccoli sprouts and finish with a pinch of salt and pepper. Put the other slice on top, push down and let the food do its magic.